Mercedes Benz & Auto Union - Silver - Avus - 1937 - Poster
The Mercedes Benz Avus poster from the Silver Arrows Project depicts the W25 and W125 Streamliners– which took part in the 1937 Avus-Rennen race, and is printed on high quality paper to reflect the feel of the time.
The ‘Silver Arrows’ name is synonymous with success. Mercedes-Benz still uses the term today, but the story really began in the 1930s. The German press initially dubbed the dominant Mercedes-Benz and Auto Union Grand Prix racing cars between 1934 and 1939 as the ‘Silver Arrows’ for two main reasons: Firstly, because of their speed and streamlining; and secondly because in order save weight, both manufacturers stripped the paint off the bodywork – revealing the silver aluminum underneath.
For all of our posters we use high quality off-set printing, premium paper, and vibrant color reproduction that stands the test of time – just like the cars themselves. Each one is limited and labeled with a special hologram sticker to denote its authenticity.
- Uniquely designed and created by Automobilist's team of artists
- Uses the latest 3D modelling technology to rebuild each iconic car from scratch
- Comes as a standard sized poster, 50 x 70 cm (19¾ x 27½ inch), framing not included
- Reproduced as a high quality offset print on 175g/m2 paper
- Ships worldwide from Europe, rolled and delivered in a protective tube