Auto Union Type D - Silver - 1939 - Poster
The ‘Silver Arrows’ name is synonymous with success. Mercedes-Benz still uses the term today, but the story really began in the 1930s when the German press initially dubbed the dominant Mercedes-Benz and Auto Union Grand Prix racing cars between 1934 and 1939 as the ‘Silver Arrows’. In order save weight, both manufacturers stripped the paint off the bodywork – revealing the silver aluminum underneath.
Considered to be a ‘dream car’ by many, our Auto Union Type D poster from the Silver Arrows Project shows off the curves of the 1939 Auto Union Type D – and is printed on suitably high quality stock.
For all of our posters we use high quality off-set printing, premium paper, and vibrant color reproduction that stands the test of time – just like the cars themselves. Each one is limited and labeled with a special hologram sticker to denote its authenticity.
- Uniquely designed and created by Automobilist's team of artists
- Uses the latest 3D modelling technology to rebuild each iconic car from scratch
- Comes as a standard sized poster, 50 x 70 cm (19¾ x 27½ inch), framing not included
- Reproduced as a high quality offset print on 175g/m2 paper
- Ships worldwide from Europe, rolled and delivered in a protective tube